Monday, May 22, 2006

Justice League

So I started a (crappy) post late last week that just didn't happen. Given the pending (potential) demise of this forum, I felt that I had to make a (short) contribution before "THE MOST RE-DONK-U-LOUSLY ACTION-PACKED FINALE YET!" or whatever Fox is saying in their radio ads about tonight's ep.

I know I always say to NOT watch the end-of-the-episodes (and I still do), but I happened to see the finale ad this weekend. I'm sorry, but Jack's threat at the end to the Droopy cracked me up. Furthermore, after seeing the ad, I might have to take back my proclamation that Droopy will kill himself. I now say/hope that Aaron will kill him... and Barry Bonds.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe when you get older, and your life is settling down to a routine of work, sleep, ponder the universe -- maybe then you appreciate the sometimes far-fetched, sometimes crazed action of a show like '24'. You realize that a rogue anti-hero like Jack Bauer is your last connection to a heart-stopping, blood-boiling, edge-of-your-seat, no-bullshit life, one hour at a time, once a week. Maybe you can only handle that kind of excitement through 'art' instead of first-hand. Maybe a substantial part of your heart is thrilled and soars when Jack crashes through "the rules" and takes matter unequivocably into his own calloused, capable hands. Finally, there is justice: Jack gives us a taste of the sweetest revenge for the deaths of David Palmer, Tony & Michele when he so intentionally blows Henderson away. In some ways, Jack is a part-time megalomaniac - he would leave everyone to their machinations, except when they threaten the balance of truth & justice, and then he intercedes with a righteous fury, and won't give up until justice prevails. Maybe we all want control over our lives, and over the injustice we see in the world, and for that reason, we watch. And will keep watching.

7:19 AM  
Blogger Witz said...

and why didn't you ever get setup so you could post your own topics?

8:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, I was going to, but something stopped me.
--Can I be as witty and crazy/cool as these kids?
--Will I have the time/energy/inspiration to regularly commit to contributing?
--Will my secret identity have to be revealed???
Is the site on hiatus now, until next January (but knowing how way leads on to way, we doubt if we will ever come back)? If the site remains, sign me up. I'll post some blah blah blah for ya.

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home