Friday, April 14, 2006

Somebody Has to Talk About This Week

Well, since nobody has stepped up, I guess I will have to come through. I don't have a ton to comment on this week's episode, but I'm currently in a Con Law class and there isn't much else to do.

My big question about this week: Why does Droopster sound intelligent and confident when being sneaky, yet still stupid and out-of-touch when he is under his "President" persona?

I really don't know what to think about this. Initially I thought that it is trying to make him into a decent villian. He could be one of the only other holdovers after this season, so why not make him act intelligently and end up getting away to his estate in Andora, Spain, or something like that. Then he could become a threat to America.

My other thinking is that this is supposed to be a commentary on politicians in America right now. On the face many of them seem unintelligent, passive, stubborn to ideas, and ulitmately just not good leaders. But are they actually smarter than we ever expected, doing the things that emperors and kings did? (In emperors and kings, I mean the shady behind the scenes things that get done, like killing off people who work against you [like palmer] and faking attacks to strengthen people's support) I don't really know where they are going to go with this season, but this Presidential stuff is somewhat keeping me on my toes.

Also, who is gonna be President for next season? I think my "President Bauer" may have been a little aggressive, but it will happen before the show ends. My mother actually thinks that Buchannon will be the President somehow next season. And then he will do something shady with Audrey and she will get in some trouble with terrorists, and they JB will have to whoop some ass.

Well, my humor is lacking lately, because finals are creeping up and the Uniform Commercial Code isn't very interesting. One thing funny: am I the only person who didn't realize that Palmer was in Major League as Pedro? I saw this online the other day and was astounded (I also haven't watched the movie in a couple years, but I should know this stuff).

Thats all for now,
A dash

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Palmer can hit a curveball

9:04 AM  
Blogger JKow said...

but can Wily Mo?

9:14 AM  
Blogger JKow said...

cuz right now, Reds are up 3 HR's over the Arroyo-Pena trade. (Bronson hit 2 and Wily Mo duffed one on Tuesday).

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

2....Wily Mo got one the other night

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home